EPIC Ireland is Dublin’s new visitor experience and museum focused on bringing the story of Irish migration and its diaspora to life.
EPIC Ireland is dedicated to chronicling and retelling this important part of Ireland’s history in a purpose-built exhibition space in the historic vaults of The chq Building in Dublin’s Docklands. Visitors explore 20 highly interactive and visually stunning galleries to discover the influence the Irish have had on every corner of the globe.
We’ve developed a series of comprehensive education programmes aimed at both primary and secondary school students at all levels. EPIC Ireland is directly relevant to both the primary and secondary curriculum, not only in history but also in English, CSPE, Art and Geography.
Visitors will learn the motivating factors and reasons behind the vast history of emigration from this island, from the 6th century right up to present day. Learn about some of the great figures who helped shape the world in politics, science, arts, fashion, engineering and sports. See how 70 million people of Irish descent continue to celebrate Irish culture and tradition, and connect with Ireland.
From the Great Irish Famine, the work of Irish charitable agencies overseas, the impact of the Irish on global sport, world leaders of Irish descent, Irish diaspora artists, to Irish workers around the world, all are waiting to be discovered within the exhibition.
• Primary groups: €6 per student
• Secondary groups: €8 per student
• Third Level groups: €12 per student
One teacher/group leader free per 15 students. SNAs / carers are free.
Facilities & Information
• Fully wheelchair accessible
• Secure locker facilities
• Secure private space for lunch and bags
• Nearby coach set-down area and parking
• Several great places to eat within The chq Building
• Guided tours for groups of up to 25 available from €40 per guide
• Age appropriate worksheets and post visit work materials are also available
• Dedicated Transition Year project, “The Irish Around the World”, available
• Located within 5 minutes walk of other museums and attractions such as The National Famine Memorial, The Jeanie Johnston, The Custom House and The Science Gallery.
“This is an amazing place for students” – TripAdvisor
“EPIC Ireland is a great day out for students! They loved every minute!” – Loreto Highschool Beaufort
“The museum is entertaining, well researched, educational and well worth visiting!” – TripAdvisor
To book or make further enquiries call 01 531 3688, or email email@example.com.