Be in with the chance to win an exciting school trip to EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum and €250 worth of book tokens for your school, with thanks to the Irish Independent.
EPIC is proud to announce its exciting new schools competition, ‘Migrant Memories’. Have your students or one of their family members lived abroad? Have they come to live in Ireland from overseas? We want to hear their story.
- Students are asked to write about their own or a family member’s story of emigration
- All entries should be no longer than 2 A4 pages
- Entries may include one image (of the individual who has emigrated)
- Students may also include drawings
- Entries can be handwritten or typed
- Entries should be submitted by post only (See website for information)
- One entry per student
- Entries must be accompanied with a coversheet which is available to download here
- Entries must be submitted by 5 pm on April 30 2017.
Entry forms are available to download by clicking here.Prizes:
The lucky overall winners from both primary and secondary level will receive a free VIP Trip to EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum for their whole class and €250 worth of book tokens. The top 5 runners up in both categories will receive free family passes to EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum.
Prize includes the following:
1 VIP Trip to EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum for the winning entries class (Primary School). The winner’s school will also receive €250 worth of book tokens.
1 VIP Trip to EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum for the winning entries class (Secondary School). The winner’s school will also receive €250 worth of book tokens.
A VIP Trip consists of free entry to the museum for the winning entries class (not exceeding 40 students) and 3 teachers and also includes lunch for the class which will be provided by EPIC.
A total of 10 runners up will receive a free family ticket to EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum. Five for primary and five for post primary.
Offer duration: 6 months from time of issue.
All entrants must submit a short article on their own or a family member’s story of emigration and/or immigration not to exceed 2 A4 pages. Entries can also include photographs or drawings. All completed entries must be submitted by post only to: EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum, The chq Building, Custom House Quay, Dublin 1.
- Competition entrants must be age 5 years or over. Entrants under 18 years of age must get parental/guardian approval to enter.
- Employees of EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum or the Independent News and Media, their agents, families or anyone professionally connected with the promotion are excluded from the competition.
- The prize does not have a retail value and cannot be resold.
- The prize cannot be exchanged and no cash alternatives will be provided.
- All winners will be chosen by a judging panel appointed by EPIC.
- The decision of the judges in choosing the winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Any personal data that is supplied to EPIC and INM may be used (unless you tell us that you prefer not to receive direct marketing) to contact you about other competitions or about other goods and services, which we consider may be of interest to you.
- The closing date for receipt of entries is 30 April 2017.
- The winners will be announced on the 8 May 2017.
- The winner will be notified by email within 7 days
- Winners will be confirmed by email or telephone.
- EPIC and INM reserve the right to alter, amend or end this competition.
- The prize winner and all entrants agree to the use of their names, images and photographs for publicity and promotional purposes, without compensation, and agree that EPIC and INM will own the copyright of any such images and photographs and associated media.
- All entries may also be used by the museum as part of a temporary exhibition.
- By entering the competition winners agree to accept these terms and conditions.
- Entries that do not comply in full with these rules will be disqualified.